This is just a result of me goofing off & having fun...

Friday, May 18, 2007

To ThePensblog Staff....

If you read ThePensblog.com, then you know about the prank phone calls to The Fedko Fone Zone. (As they put it, it's the off season. So everyone's bored.) However, Fedko was a good sport about the whole thing. The PB staff put it best:

We caught the tail end of his show, and he has now embraced Gary Roberts.
We don't have the tape, but he shows Roberts pictures up and talks about him in glowing terms.
Well played.



Anywho, since I haven't been at all motivated to post anything recently, I thought an older song would be appropriate....





Billy Joel Kwiatkowski – Pensblog Staff

It's 7:30 on a Thursday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Making love to his picture of Malkin

He says, "Son can you write me a memory?
I'm not really sure how it goes,
But it's Sid and Ouellet and Mad Maxime Talbot
And even a few of your Joe's."

(Bridge)
La, la, la, didi, daa
La, la, didi, daa
Daa, dum

(Chorus)
Write us a recap, you're the Pensblog staff
Write us a recap tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for an arena deal
And you've got us feeling alright

Now Chris at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
Derek's quick with a joke
Or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be

And Nick says "I believe this is killing me,"
As the smile ran away from his face
"Well I'm sure that we all could be movie stars
If we could get out of this place."

(Bridge)
Oh, la, la, la, didi, daa
La, la, didi, daa
Daa, dum

Now Adam’s a real estate novelist
Who never had time for a wife
And he's talking with Gabey, who's still in the Navy
And probably will be for life

And the puckbunny’s gathering some more chicks
As politicians slowly get owned
Yes, they're making a deal they call progress
So it's better than moving from home

(Chorus)
Write us a recap, you're the Pensblog staff
Write us a recap tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for an arena deal
And you've got us feeling alright

It's a pretty good crowd for a Thursday
And the coaches just give me a smile
'Cause they know that it's me you've been coming to read
To forget about life for a while

And the words that we write are like poetry
And the keyboard smells like a beer
And they sit at their desks wondering what we’ll do next
And say "Guys, what are you doing here?"

(Bridge)
Oh, la, la, la, didi, daa
La, la, didi, daa
Daa, dum

(Chorus)
Write us a recap, you're the Pensblog staff
Write us a recap tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for an arena deal
And you've got us feeling alright

6 comments:

nicole said...

Hey Tiff,
Glad you put up a song, even if it's not a new one. I loved this when you posted it the first time on ThePensblog. If I remember right...so did they. :)

Love the name and song title - Billy Joel Kwiatkowski – Pensblog Staff...hahahahaha

"Making love to his picture of Malkin" - good!

The chorus was also great...right before the whole arena thing went down.

Awesome how you fit all of the staff names in.

But I feel the best was saved for last when you wrote...

"And the words that we write are like poetry
And the keyboard smells like a beer
And they sit at their desks
wondering what we’ll do next
And say "Guys, what are you doing here?"

Tiffany...I'm hoping you write your own songs too. With the talent you have, you could publish them. ;)

Keep the songs coming girl!

GameDayChat said...

Thanks for the link up there at the top of your blog. I appreciate it!

The ~D said...

Awesome as usual!!! I was out of town again for a few days and missed what I am now referring to as "THE GREATEST PRANK OF ALL TIME". I cried after watching that vid (twice) and had trouble catching my breath. I have hated Fedko ever since high school when his stupid high school football highlights came on BEFORE the pens recap. Well done!!!

Steeltown Mike said...

She's baa-aack!

We missed ya (on your own blog, that is).

Good work. :)

karri said...

Way to go Tiff! I agree with Nicole. Real glad you put this one up on your site.

My favorite part of your parody is the chorus...

Write us a recap, you're the Pensblog staff
Write us a recap tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for an arena deal
And you've got us feeling alright


I remember what it was like before the deal for the new arena was signed and how ThePensblog made us all feel good.

And...Tiff...Fedko...hahahahahaha...wow!

Anonymous said...

Hey has anyone ever used Mood Pens? it looks like they change color when your touch them? http://www.theexecutiveadvertising.com/mood-products.aspx