This is just a result of me goofing off & having fun...

Sunday, July 15, 2007

And Here's To You Mr. Roberts, Sir

If it weren't for my brilliant cousins, Brian & Brenna Fitzgerald, this tribute song would've never been recorded. Brian played every instrument you hear---tambourine, bass, acoustic & electric guitar. I sang the harmony (which Brenna taught me) & the melody. Thanks, guys!!

A big thanks goes out to Nick & ThePensblog, as well, for helping out with the lyrics yet again.

TPB also searched for every picture in the video, coordinated them with the song & uploaded the finished product onto YouTube.
Sorry you didn’t get any sleep, but the hard work you put into it was really appreciated. ;-)

And last, but not least....thank YOU, Gary Roberts. If you weren't so kick ass, none of us would've taken the time to do any of this.


Shero and Therrien - Mr. Roberts, Sir

And here's to you
Mr. Roberts, sir
Pens’ fans love you more than you will know
Woah, woah, woah
We begged you
“Please Mr. Roberts, sir”
Pittsburgh has a place for you to play
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

We're glad we know
A little bit about you
And you signed
We're psyched you chose to stay
And help us out
Look around you
All of these anticipating eyes
They were curious
Until you said it’s home

And here's to you
Mr. Roberts, sir
Pens’ fans love you more than you will know
Woah, woah, woah
We begged you
“Please Mr. Roberts, sir”
Pittsburgh has a place for you to play
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Go to the front of the net
Where no one ever goes
Put it in top shelf with your other goals
It's a little battle
Mr. Robert’s Neighborhood
Most of all, you had to re-sign
For the Kid

Coo, coo, Ruutu
Mr. Roberts, sir
Pens’ fans love you more than you will know
Woah, woah, woah
We begged you
“Please Mr. Roberts, sir”
Pittsburgh has a place for you to play
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Skating at the Mellon
On a Sunday afternoon
Gonna start the first fight
Yeah, that’s right
Laugh about it
Shout about it
Since you get to choose
Every way you look at it they lose

Where have you gone Mario Lemieux?
The city turns its lonely eyes to you
You, you, you
We’re psyched you stayed Mr. Roberts, sir
Please decide you’ll be with us always
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Tiff!

Not only do you write, but now we find out that you can sing, too.

F'ing fantastic!

GREAT JOB!

-S-

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

What a job you did.

You're singing both parts? Amazing! You have a fantastic voice.

I hope you do more.

Dan said...

Woah Tiffany!
That is some song. Great lyrics and unbelievable voice.

What a tribute to Gary Roberts.

Steeltown Mike said...

Talent. Talent EVERYWHERE.

Love it.

Anonymous said...

this song of yours keeps getting hits on youtube tiff.

wonder if gary roberts' seen it.

hope so!

Joshua said...

Hey, you read my blog? Hooray! An actual reader. Tell me, is there anybody else out there in the world who reads Eighty-Four Glyde?
p.s. This comment has nothing to do with your blog, I just read a comment you did on somebody else's blog that mentioned the entry I wrote about the Amish. It tickled me pink!

Smartphone said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Customized Pens said...

I started loving the pittsburgh penguins today. Since I really love penguins in general, should I move there?
Hey, I just began to love the Pittsburgh Penguins today. I am almost ready to love out of my house and start life on my own.
I could also find an aquarium there and work with real penguins, a DOUBLE benefit! =)

Since I really love penguins with all my life, and love the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team, should I move there?

Customized Pens said...

wow!
i really like this!
you have a really nice voice!

Anonymous said...

If you always write interesting, I will be your regular reader. skin care Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

Anonymous said...

I made a blogger account some time ago, and i added
some pictures to my sidebar and do not learn how to remove
them. I used the image hosting site 'Photobucket' to place the pictures
on my blog, and put my login information there nd they achieved it
personally. I can't stand how among the pictures look and that i really want to remove/delete it. Help? Thanks..

Stop by my site transvaginal mesh

Anonymous said...

I savour, lead to I found just what I used to be taking a look for.
You've ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

My site file.wise-network.com

Anonymous said...

It is perfect time to make a few plans for the
longer term and it's time to be happy. I've read this submit and if I could I wish to recommend you few attention-grabbing things or
tips. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles regarding this article.
I want to read even more issues about it!

my web page :: http://affordable-dental-plan.org/palm-beach-dentist-get-world-class-professional-dental-service

Anonymous said...

For hottest information you have to pay a quick visit world wide
web and on internet I found this website as a best
web site for most up-to-date updates.

Stop by my weblog; http://dentalplansoralno1.bravesites.com/